What permits do I need to begin my project?

Certain construction requires only a zoning permit. Other construction may require a building permit. Sometimes, a project may require a mix of permits depending on the scenario, how your property is zoned and which township or borough you live in. Always check prior to beginning any new construction. 724-573-1111 or

Generally, permits are required for the following in Greene Township:

  • Road Bonds along with an Excess Maintenance Agreement for trucks over 10 tons
  • Subdividing
  • Vendors going door to door (Transient Vendor)
  • Zoning Matters (Signs, Solar, New Businesses, Cell Towers, Junkyards, Adding Accessory Structures such as pools, sheds, garages, additions, decks, etc.)
  • Building / Construction
  • Demolition
  • Grading
  • Junkyards
  • Logging
  • Sewage, new/repairs
  • Driveway Installation
  • Second Dwelling
  • New Construction or alteration

For more information use the submenu.