WEEKEND DUMPSTER – Saturdays 9-3
A dumpster is provided at 262 Pittsburgh Grade Road for Greene Township, Hookstown Borough, and Georgetown Borough residents.
Hours of operation are 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Saturday through the end of Daylight Savings Time. The dumpster closes during the winter months and reopens after the time change in the spring.
We accept most items that your garbage hauler will not take. There are some exceptions, due to the restrictions placed on us by our recycling company. We will not take the following:
- Household garbage
- propane tanks
- yard waste
- construction waste
- televisions and all electronics
- fuel tanks
- recyclable tires
- refrigerators (unless the freon has been removed)
Fees to use the dumpster:
- $5.00 Small Load (car)
- $10.00 Medium Load (truck)
- $15.00 Large Load (trailer)
RECYCLE TRUCK INFORMATION
The recycle truck & trailer is operated in multiple townships and is free to use. It is located near the dumpster in Greene Township at 262 Pittsburgh Grade Rd., Hookstown, on the 4th full weekend of every month of the year. A full weekend includes a Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Clean, empty plastic bottles (types 1-5 & 7)
- Clean, unbroken glass, both clear and brown beverage bottles and food jars with lids and rings removed.
- Clean metal, steel, tin (soup cans, empty aerosol cans, etc.)
- Clean aluminum cans (beverage and food cans, pie plates, clean foils)
- Brown paper bags
- Office paper
- Dairy & Juice containers
- Flattened cardboard
- First full weekend – Independence Township (click for website) • 104 School Road, Aliquippa, PA 15001 • 724-378-3739
- Second full weekend – Raccoon Township (click for website) • 1234 State Route 18, Aliquippa, PA 15001 • 724-495-6587
- Third full weekend – Hanover Township (click for website) • 2731 State Route 18, Hookstown, PA 15050 • 724-899-2642
- Fourth full weekend – Greene Township • 262 Pittsburgh Grade Rd., Hookstown, PA 15050 • 724-573-1111
Residents of any of the four Township’s may drop off their recyclables at any location!!
Please do NOT deposit any food containers such as cereal boxes, etc. as the food residue could attract rodents to the boxes.
The Board of Supervisors has accepted the burden of the cost to recycle as their pledge to help reduce the waste stream. The Township must pay the company who accepts the recyclables and wages for the dumpster attendant. There is also the cost of equipment and labor to deliver the recycling trailer to the processor and then to the next Township.
We are asking residents to please abide by the recycling rules so that we can continue to offer this free service to the community. Violations will cause hefty fines to the township.
- Don’t bag recyclables. Plastic bags tangle in the machinery.
- Don’t include food-soiled items. Rinse/Wash them first!
- Don’t add sharp or dangerous materials such as needles/electronics.
- Don’t toss in rubber hoses, propane tanks, construction debris, tires, pallets, yard waste, dirty plastics, electronics, etc. These items in the recycle trailer will result in a fine to the township!